Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fall Fun



I've been meaning to post for at least a week, but we've been so busy. Last weekend (as in a week from this past one) we took the boys to the Pumpkin Festival. It was awful. It was cold, rainy and muddy and all 3 boys were very grumpy. We did pick out 4 pumpkins (one for each of us), but 2 of them have since rotted and I'm not sure if the other 2 will make it. But I did at least get a couple of pictures of the boys in the pumpkin patch. They aren't great, but it may be as good as it gets this year.





Here is R having one of his many breakdowns at the Pumpkin Festival.



L is now also had his crib rail taken down and he too has a "new bed." The boys are going to sleep at night, but nap time has turned into a disaster. All they want to do is play and fight each other. After 3 days of attempting to get them to nap, they are now separated. R sleeps in his bed and L sleeps on my bed during naptime. It is not a perfect solution, but it works. They still need naps. This was clearly demonstrated the 3 days they didn't nap and then crashed on the couch before dinner. One day the crashed on me during Sesame Street and Greg came home to 2 crashed boys sleeping on Mama. If he had been home about 20 minutes earlier, he would have found all three of us sleeping.



New things:
Both boys talk all the time and they are making more and more sense every day. L talks in phrases and sentences and R isn't too far behind. L favorite thing to say is, "I'm so funny." He does not suffer from a lack of self-esteem.

A couple of weeks ago I went looking for L's car in the backyard before naptime. The boys often put things inside the seat of their bus, so I opened the lid to see if the car was in there. What I found was a giant dead bird. One of the boys, most likely L, had found it in the backyard and put it in their bus for safe keeping. It was not a pleasant surprise. Greg was out of town, so I had to deal with the dead animal, just like the time a few months ago when a squirrel fell out of a tree in the front yard.

My sisters-in-law are both due with their first babies in November and I had the chance and honor to make both of the Baby Shower cakes. My brother's wife is in LA and Greg's brother's wife is here. On Sunday, we had a Baby Shower for Jenny at my house. It was alot of fun and I got to practice decorating another cake. The picture is below. Sorry Jenny that I didn't get a picture of you, I didn't think about getting my camera during the shower. R and L are going to love their new baby cousins - R in particular loves babies.


Not a whole lot else is going on with us. We've just been busy with the every-day routine. Halloween stuff starts next week (like the boys costume parade at their school), so more pictures are sure to follow.


R and L "helping" Daddy put L's new bed together.


My little artists.

I leave you with 2 pictures of the boys' last year in a pumpkin patch. Notice how they could still wear shorts and they were happy in the sun - big difference from this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are getting so big! I love the cake you made too, it's beautiful!