Thursday, February 19, 2009

Doing the Normal Routine Thing


We have had a pretty normal week around here. I took the boys to the Bounce House on Monday and met a friend from work with her two girls. The boys had a blast being led around by an 8 and 11 year old. It was the first time I've been able to go and just sit and watch - a nice change. We also had to register for Preschool for next year on Friday. I'm not sure if I'm still going to have a job or not next year, but we need to reserve our spot. I should find out by the end of next week if I'll still be working at the same school. The district has told my principal he has to cut 5 1/2 positions - so I might be one of them. I know the national economy is bad, but I am continually shocked at the incredibly poor state of Colorado's funding on education. I had no idea Texas was such a progressive state in education - but it is light years ahead on funding and policies. I'll stop ranting now.
The boys aren't doing anything too new or exciting, just continually adding new words and phrases to their vocabulary. Ryan has been our little drama king/actor since the very beginning and he cracks us up daily on the new things he says or does. His favorite thing to tell me now when I ask him to something is: "No, Mama, I busy" or "Ah, no, Mama" or "I don't think so, Mama." He also has this great pouty expression that he does along with it and he often sighs in exasperation and looks at the ground when we tell him to do something. We often have to hide our faces from him so he can't see us smile and laugh; however, he knows he is quite funny which is why keeps "improving" his attitude.
We have begun a new night time battle with the boys. Ryan likes to come out of his room and Luke likes to scream. It now often takes an hour to get them to sleep. I don't know what happened or where we went wrong. They used to go to sleep with little to no issues. Part of the problem is that Luke is very manipulative and throws major tantrums to continue to delay falling asleep (he wants to come downstairs with us), and once he gets really worked up he becomes inconsolable. We are working on it, we need the little bit of time we get after they go to bed for ourselves.
To end a positive note - one of most favorite things to do with them is to sing Wheels on the Bus almost nightly. Luke gets on his horse and Ryan sits on a stuffed fire engine and the four of us sing the song along with the motions. They love to sing and I love to hear their little sweet voices. Below are pictures from this past week.
Luke talking to Nana and Grandad on the computer. They read him a Dr. Seuss book and captured his attention.
Ryan loves to put on our shoes and walk around the house. He's wearing my boots here, but it is even better when he wears the boots with a heel.
You can't tell from this picture, but their room is dark. I walked in after bedtime this week and Luke was drawing in the dark.
Sweet picture of Baby Cousin Thomas at almost 3 months old.
Finally, below if the video of the boys playing Animal Scramble. Luke shows his competitive side by running from animal to animal, while Ryan shows how he does things at his pace only.


No comments: