Sunday, November 15, 2009

Rah Rah TCU


In case you haven't kept up with college football this year, TCU rocks. When Greg and I were in school they were pretty awful, 1-10 when I graduated. Since then, they have been really good and this year they are really really good. Greg and I went to the game against Air Force in October and we are going to the game in Wyoming next Saturday (hoping for better weather than the last game). Anyways, this weekend TCU played their biggest game of the year (perhaps ever, considering the implications) and it was expected to be tough. They totally dominated the whole game and are now undefeated with 2 easy (hopefully) games to go. It looks like they'll go to a BCS bowl game and perhaps (with a whole lot of help from other teams) the national title game. I'm hoping we can go to the BCS bowl game - it looks like it will be in Phoenix or New Orelans. Airline tickets and hotel should be covered thanks to Greg's business travel, so we would just have to get the game tickets. And I'm sure my parents would come and stay with the boys (mom and dad, are you interested?).
Besides watching football yesterday, we had a pretty quiet weekend stuck in doors thanks to more snow.

Nothing like riding your bike in the snow and eating it at the same time.

Even better is drinking hot chocolate from big boy cups after spending time in the snow.



For fun tonight, I swaddled the boys in our king size blanket the way I used to when they were newborns. They thought it was really funny.


Video of Ryan climbing up the hill in knee deep snow. It was almost dusk, so the light isn't great. By the way, Greg rescued Luke right after I recorded this.


Lastly, I made this cake for a baby shower last weekend. Cristy is expecting twin boys, so Greg and I are excited to share our stuff (and clean out the basement). Greg and Jeff have been friends since early childhood, so it is neat for them to share this in common. Unfortunately, Cristy has had a tough pregnancy and is now in the hospital on bedrest for the next few weeks. In the end, it will all be worth it to bring home to 2 healthy babies. Our advise to them has been to have someone stay with them for the first few weeks. My mom staying with us for the first 6 weeks was a life saver for us. I know they've already got their guest room set up and family in line to come over.


Greg will be gone this week, so I'll probably not update until next weekend. Hopefully I'll have good pictures to share of Greg and I at the TCU v. Wyoming game.

1 comment:

Cindi Koceich said...

Awwwww...seeing the boys all swaddled up made me a little teary!!

Of course, I am very emotional this week...did you see we got our referral!!!!!!!!!!!