Saturday, January 30, 2010

Ryan's Special Day


Ryan had a great day last Sunday with me and Greg. We took Luke to Jonny's and Jenny's where he got to play and help cook, and Ryan headed out with us to Fantastic Fun. Interesting place, not really my thing, but Ryan had a great time. He was able to play games, jump in a ball pit (I know, disgusting, but all kids should experience it), ride on rides and be a general goof. Afterwards, we went to lunch and then picked up Luke. He really enjoyed his time with us and asked about Luke a few times, but I think he was glad to get us to himself. He did win enough skeeball tickets to pick out either 1 big thing or 2 little things - he chose the 2 little things so he could give one to Luke.

On the train - one of Ryan's favorite things to do on any day.

The teacup ride makes me sick to even think about. Greg was too big of a wimp to go on this one, so it was up to me to let Ryan get on. He loved it and spun us around in circles as fast as he could go the whole time. There are certain things I have promised to myself that I will do as a mother - ride on roller coasters (no offense mom, I know you don't like them), ski, and swim with my kids, even if it means getting my hair wet. The teacup ride is right up there with those things. When they're much older and if they want to jump out of an airplane, I'd do it with them if they wanted me to (really I would, although it would scare the crud out of me).

Ryan loved the ball pit and really loved it when Greg would throw him in.

I don't remember what these things are called - they're like the pre-plasma cars - and Ryan rode around on this for about half an hour.

He thought he was pretty cute in this.

Ryan tried to play Pac-Man with Greg but got bored - I found Greg still there playing long after Ryan had moved on to other things.

I don't think he ever made a basket, but he had fun trying.

Video of Ryan playing skeeball.


Video of me and Ryan on the old school plasma car things.

While we were out with Ryan, Luke was doing this:

Luke loves to help out with anything, especially in the kitchen. He calls himself Chef Luke and me Chef Mom. He's been helping me alot this week making anything from banana muffins to guacamole - all great chefs start young, and he definitely loves food, so who knows where this could lead - he'll at least be able to help his wife in the kitchen some day, at the very least (I'm not complaining about Greg, he does the dishes which is about my least favorite thing to do).

We've had a busy week and Greg will be in Maryland all next week - so hopefully next weekend will come quickly.

No comments: