Friday, August 27, 2010

First Day of School



The boys were thrilled to go back to school on Tuesday. They have had a good summer, but they are sick of each other - so it is a great that they are now back in their separate classrooms and are able to get some space from one another for at least a few hours a day. They have quickly adjusted back into the routine and have been eager to go each morning.

The first day for students at my school was on Monday and I got sick. I haven't had to take a sick day for myself in almost 5 years - so it was great timing that I was sick Monday morning. I did manage to make it to school but I only stayed a couple of hours before coming home. I spent the rest of the day in bed and then took a Tylenol PM that night, slept great and then felt back to normal the next morning. The rest of this week has been good and I think I will like working there - it seems to be a much more financially secure school district (which also helps with teacher morale) - plus they gave every new employee (all 300) a new laptop with a writing tablet.

Because of my new schedule, Greg has to take the boys to school every morning. I hated not being able to take the boys on their first day but I will definitely be there next year when they go to Kindergarten. Greg did his best to take the annual first day of school picture - but Luke was kind of grumpy.



Previous years' first day of school picture:





Below - a video of the boys dancing. Greg bought himself a new TV and surround system system (don't ask me why) - and the boys have been pretty fascinated with the music.



Lastly - a picture of the boys at one of their soccer games this summer. Ryan does great as long as no one takes the ball from him.

No comments: