Monday, August 9, 2010

Weekend with Friends


We were fortunate this weekend to spend some time with three of our friends from college. Tim and Stephanie were in town on their way back home to Texas. It was great to see them again and to see how much Mackenna has grown since we last saw her in April. My college roommate, Dalis, was also in town last week. We were able to have lunch together one day without the boys and spend some additional time together before we had dinner with her and her husband on Saturday. It was great to reconnect with old friends. It is always so nice to pick up with friends that you haven't seen in quite some time as if no time has passed at all.


Mackenna is really growing up. She is super cute and looks just like Stephanie. The picture above is similar to the one that we took last summer of the 3 kids.

The playset got quite a work out this weekend. Ryan greets every new person in the house by telling them about his new playset and then says, "do you want me to show you?" Once he gets that person out there, he suckers them into swinging him - for as long as he is able to keep them or I rescue that person, whichever comes first.

The boys were in love with Dalis. She laughed at everything that Ryan did and he thought he was the coolest and funniest kid ever. The morning after they left he mentioned how he liked to make her laugh. Luke gave her the complete tour of the house, complete with a tour of his underwear and pajama drawer.

Dalis and I met our freshman year at TCU. We were roommates when we were juniors and I've always considered her to be one of my closest college friends. I had a great time hanging out and I hope to see her again in October for TCU's homecoming.

Total sidenote - I had my first attempt at making a pie this weekend. This is really a fruit tart, but I still had to make the dough in my food processor, roll it out, put it in the tart pan and then bake it complete with pie stones. It was really good and I look forward to doing it again.

We enjoyed spending part of the day on Sunday with Tommy. He was really fascinated by what his crazy cousins were up to and spent most of the day watching them with amazement.


He even enjoyed reading the paper with Uncle Greg.


Lastly - 2 videos of the boys at the pool. Luke has become really good at floating on his back and can do so longer than many adults, his record is 20 seconds. The second video is of Ryan swimming - he has really good form and is more coordinated than Luke.



2 comments:

Tara said...

Your pie/tart looks AMAZING! Maybe you could post the recipe? Wait - did you start your own baking blog? If yes, can I have that link? Thanks!

Dalis said...

Yay! I had so much fun with you and I am so thankful we got to spend so much time together. :) I hope to see you in Oct too! I miss you ALL so much already.