Saturday, September 25, 2010

Birthday Weekend and a Hike


I had a great birthday last weekend. On Saturday, the four of us went out for breakfast, watched the TCU game in the afternoon, and then Greg's family joined us that evening for dinner. I volunteered for something for the boys' school on Sunday and that evening the 4 of us went out to the Melting Pot for dinner. It was a much better experience than it was 2 years ago when Conny and I took the 4 kids. The boys really thought it was cool to cook their own food and they totally loved the chocolate fondue.

Luke requested a picture of just me with him and Ryan after he saw the pictures of Greg with the boys on opening day.

Ryan was really good with the fondue - he had a great time cooking his meat and he loved the dessert.

Luke was a big fan of the chocolate.

Luke and his Daddy and below me and silly Ryan.

After a busy week for me at work and Greg out of town, we took the opportunity this morning of having the time and good weather to go for a hike. We drove up to Boulder and hiked an easy nature trail in the foothills.

Luke spent much of the hike consulting with the map.

Luke also wanted to take a picture of me, Greg and Ryan.

Sweetest boys -they are doing such a great job with hikes. Last summer we often didn't make it more than a quarter of mile before they started asking to be held - today Ryan spent most of the hike running and Luke collected dozens of rocks.


Thank you everyone for a great birthday. Thank you Jonny and Jenny for the subscription to Cook's Illustrated (and I loved the appropriate birthday card) and Wayne and Linda for the new beverage thermometer (for my morning mocha) and the gift card to Sur la Table. Thank you also to my sister for my super cute purse and to my parents for the Wii Fit. Thank you to my sweet boys who gave me a new backpack (because I've been using the same one since the 9th grade) and to my sweet husband who got me a Kindle.

No comments: