Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cookies and Birdhouses


The boys and I have stayed busy this week doing some stuff around the house - including making Christmas cookies and painting birdhouses.


Ryan had a lot of fun choosing a wide variety of colors to paint his birdhouse.

Luke chose to start painting his house pink and told me that his house is for girl birds and Ryan's is for boy birds.

We spent pretty much all day yesterday decorating cookies. I had promised the boys that I would let them decorate a couple of their own - they weren't really patient, but they did like watching me and sneaking a few bites of left over icing when they thought I wasn't looking.

I got icing markers and they liked being able to draw a picture on their own cookie. I'm not exactly sure what Ryan drew and I didn't really understand his explanation, but he liked it.

Luke drew a picture of a person going into their house with the moon and sky at the top of the cookie.

My cookies:

The TCU cookies are for my college roommates. I'm going to send some to Dalis who is totally bummed that she is going to miss the Rose Bowl and to Kim who got us our tickets (for like the 4th time - she totally rocks).

1 comment:

Dalis said...

Yay, cookies! :) Thanks again!