Monday, January 24, 2011

Busy Weekend


Greg is out of town this week - he actually left us on Saturday - so in order to maintain peace and tranquility in the home, we stayed busy. The boys had karate on Saturday - but once we were home, the fighting and tattling started up - I didn't want a day of that on Sunday, so we went the Museum of Nature and Science. I gave the boys 3 rules before we left (they added a few more) - #1 they had to stick with me, #2 no fighting, #3 no silliness or running around - overall, they did great. We were there for 5 hours and they had a blast and were both so tired that they fell asleep in the car on the way home.

They spent a long time in this area. As of now, they both plan on being astronauts when they grow up (I like their high aspirations, I think when my brother was their age he wanted to grow up and be the person wiping down the tables at McDonalds - he obviously achieved much more than that). Luke was the main director of their space shuttle and moon odyssey - but Ryan was happy to the be the copilot. Ryan recently asked me if I will go to college with them and learn how to be an astronaut, too.



Both boys thought it was cool to see how life-size moose antlers looked on them.


The dinosaur dig - there was a chart that listed several bones for them to excavate - they had fun trying to find them all.

Luke liked the infrared camera. He was especially fascinated to see how his hair was green, but if put his fingers through his hair, his skull turned red.

Karate was very entertaining on Saturday.



I love how they have to say hiya after every punch and kick.

The boys are in school today, and I've taken the day off - I contemplated going to the movie to see The King's Speech, but I think I'll stay home. Maybe I'll go and see it this weekend when Greg is home to stay with the boys. As for now, I am really liking the peace and quiet - I think I will savor it for the next few hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did want to be that guy. And I achieved that aspiration (at Burger King) by high school. Dream Big boys, and go for it. Travel the world, ignore other people's expectations, question authority, choose your own road. Uncle Kent