Sunday, February 12, 2012

Last Weekend's Getaway and Snow


Last weekend, Greg and I headed to Estes Park and Nana and Grandad flew in to take care of the boys. I think we all had a great weekend.

Greg and I stayed at a beautiful inn near the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. The above and below pictures are from the hot tub on our balcony. Our room also had a giant copper bathtub with a fireplace on one side and a floor to ceiling waterfall on the other - I spent a couple of hours there reading and drinking wine. We had a much-needed relaxing weekend and it was nice that wasn't too far from home.

We also went snow-shoeing. Neither of us had done that before, it was a lot of fun and I think we might take the boys sometime - I think they would like it.



We hiked around and on Bear Lake - not a great picture of us - but the scenery was great.

Meanwhile, back home - we got something like 16 inches of snow. Grandad and the boys got out and shoveled the driveway several times.



When we got back on Sunday, the boys and I headed out the backyard and attempted to build a snowman.

Two days later - we got another 4 inches of snow - I think I'm done with winter.

No comments: