Saturday, April 21, 2012

School Play, Fishtank and Yellow Jackets


 The boys had their school Kindergarten musical this past week.  Luke was Jack of Jack and Jill, and Ryan was Jack of Jack be Nimble(Luke carried a bucket and Ryan had a candlestick).  So their costumes were pretty easy - thanks to their cousin Jacob, they had some pretty cute clothes to wear and I didn't have to worry about creating something like Humpty Dumpty or the Big Bad Wolf.
 Greg had to go out of town, but we ordered a video so he can watch it.  I was able to get a quick picture of me and the boys before we left.  The picture gives the impression of calm, but in reality, I was up to my limit with their non-stop fighting that had been going on all week.  Nevertheless, their play was super cute and they both did a great job.

They both ended up on the front row and were almost right next to each other.


 Ryan's line was "Every single slurp was oh so perfectly done." 
 Luke's line was "You don't have to go around feeling sorry." 

They both did great and with a group of 100 kindergartners, all the kids did wonderful and there were no tears or forgotten lines.  Their school does this every year, so it will be fun to watch Ryan and Luke and their classmates grow up and change and compare it from year to year.

The boys got a fish tank for Easter.  So after a week of letting the water settle, we were able to go and get fish last week.  They now have 4 fish with names like Henry, Cutie, Minnie and something else.  So far, a week later, they are all alive and the boys have done a great job of taking care of them.

I spent some time outside today trying to get our raised flower bed ready for our garden.  I've noticed a lot of yellow jackets (Luke even got stung a few weeks ago-very traumatic) and I worked today on finding the source.  I lifted one of the bricks off the top and found a few old hives - so I pulled off all 25+ bricks and found hives in most of them, many of which are currently active.  I am now waiting until dusk to go out and spray them all - hopefully this will help fix the problem and the boys and I will be able to start planting our garden tomorrow.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you found the source(s) of those yellow jackets.