Monday, December 31, 2012

Rock Climbing

 I took the boys rock climbing on New Year's Eve.  They had been pretty good all day, but they were ready to get out of the house and Greg and I were ready for them burn off some energy.  Ryan and I took a class in November, so I now have my belay certification.  It was Luke's first to go at it  in a couple of years.  They both had a good time - as you can see, Ryan was excited.
Both boys can make it about half way up the wall - then they realize that they are at the same level as the second floor above us, and don't want to go any higher.


 Luke attacked the wall like he does many things - no hesitation and tried to go up like Spiderman as fast as he could go.

Ryan climbs more slowly and deliberately.  Check out his new shoes-he picked them out himself and has woken up early the last 2 mornings to get dressed so he can wear his shoes all day.

We will need to go every few weeks in order for me to remember the correct knots to tie - Ryan was upset that Luke climbed about a foot higher, so we'll need to go back soon so he can try again.

No comments: