Thursday, July 26, 2007

My First Post

I love to read everyone else's blogs, even people I don't know; however, I never thought that it would be necessary to create one for myself. But after reading some random person's blog about keeping the memories of their children, I thought that was something for me. I have almost 14 month old twin boys. I cannot believe how fast they have already grown and there is so much that they have done this past year that I have already forgotten about. So, my new misson is to record some of the memories. I have loved being home with them for the summer and I have a whole new appreciation for stay at home moms and also their babysitter. I dread going back to work in August and I wish I could stay home, but a part of me also misses what I can do at work and the adults and kids that I interact with at school (but if I had the option, I'd stay at home, at least for a little while).
Since there are so many memories from the past year, I'm going to start from this summer forward. R and L are on the move! They are both crawling and standing up on everything that they can get to. L has the funniest laugh, especially when he is up to something that he shouldn't be (he thinks everything is a game). L's laugh reminded me of a character, but I couldn't figure out who. My hub said that it is Ernie from Sesame Street and that is exactly who it is. When L is trying to outrun me, he giggles like Ernie and puts his head down and crawls as fast as he can. R is not as mischevious, but he is equally as destructive. They are both walking along furniture and they can even walk behind their wagon, but they're not on their own yet. They had their first sloppy joes tonight and they love them. We've had a hard time getting them to eat meat lately (all they want is fruit), but they do like sloppy joes. I can't stand the mess that food like that brings, so I spoon fed it myself to them. I don't know how you introduce utensils, but I'm not ready for that yet (I'm especially not ready to pick up utensils from the floor a dozen times each meal). They also are now crawling to the bathroom everytime they hear the bathtub water start. They both stand up and look over the edge to watch the water fill up. I sent pictures to family tonight of them doing this.
Considering this is my first post, I realize that it is random and rambling. But this blog is more for me to keep track of what and when R and L do new things. I hope to do better in the future!

No comments: