Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Day at the Pool




I took R and L to the pool by myself for only the second time today. This is my last week at home with them, and I hope to do this at least once more this week and possibly this weekend with Greg. We had a great time in the tanning ledge area where the boys can basically walk around. We then went into the deeper part of the pool and just lounged for quite a long time. R and L love to watch the older kids play in the pool. In order for me to take them to the pool by myself, I have to load them up into the stroller and put one at a time in their floats. These things have been great. I've seen people with similar ones for babies that look much cooler and more comfortable, but you can't beat these for only $3.99 at ToysRUs. The funny part is trying to take them off when you get out of the pool. When you pick them up, the float sticks to their butt and I have to pull and tug (especially with L) in order the get it off.



L has started to climb the picnic table in the playroom. We heard a crash last night and when I ran in there, I found L in the corner on the floor on the other side of the table (crying). Today I caught him in the act.




Greg and I needed to go the mall tonight (which is something we both hate to do). Afterwards, we rewarded ourselves by going to our new PF Changs. The boys did pretty good, they only threw a few things on the floor. On the way home, L spent his time spitting in his seat. He then managed to get a hold of his 2 big toes (not an easy thing to do for such a big guy) and held his legs up and proceeded to spit all the way back to the house. It is hard not to laugh when he does this, but we also don't want to encourage him, so we spend most of our time hiding our smiles.




Here is our sweet R. He is wearing his monkey PJs, which is quite fitting for him. He did great tonight during our 30 minute wait for a table, but he cannot sit still. We think he is going to be a hard kid to motivate and to get to pay attention, but he is also the sweetest boy. He loves to be held. We've been trying to get the boys to take their last milk in a sippy cup before bed (they do that the rest of the day), but R doesn't want to work that hard to get his milk out at night. Last night, he only had a couple of ounces and then woke up at 11 and we caved in and gave him milk in a bottle. It worked, because R and L slept all the way until 8:45 this morning, a rare and wonderful treat.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

oh my goodness! my boys have the same monkey pajamas. I LOVE them. I saw some in a larger size that were a different kind of monkey print (I have a small obsession with any kind of monkey product), and bought them anyway for when they can wear that size. and I really like the floats. I'll be keeping those in mind!