Saturday, November 24, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend with Family


We spent Thanksgiving with my family in Lubbock. The boys had a great time and we all ate ourselves sick for several days (although the boys did not behave too well at the table on Thursday).

R and L had a blast playing with their cousins. L took off after Jacob when he saw him, which kind of took Jake off guard, but they ended up having fun together. Olivia had a great time playing with both of her baby cousins and they loved watching everything that she did around the house.

The boys have had a cold for a few days, but they have been real troopers and haven't fussed too much. They stayed in Nana and Grandad's room, but they didn't allow them to sleep all night at all while we were there. L was sick the first night and woke up. R woke up several times the next 2 nights, but I think it was because he knew Nana would hold and rock him if he cried long enough. Greg and I slept great. I got to sleep in until 9 am, which I don't think has happened in more than 18 months. We're home now, so it's just me and Greg then next 2 nights and then just me, so hopefully the boys will get back on their good sleeping schedules and we can make it until at least 7 am tomorrow.

This is a better picture of what was in R's throat. I had taken the previous one with my cell phone, so the quality was poor. The dime is a reference point to how big the object was (I still can't believe that it was lodged in his vocal cords for 7 weeks and we didn't know it).
New this week:
L has now added 2 more words to his vocabulary, "grandad" and "ho, ho, ho" He also says ball, car, clock, cross, dada, and occasionally mama. L loved playing with grandad this weekend. Whenever he saw his picture he would say grandad and he would call to him several times to get his attention (especially during nap time when dad would try to sneak into the bedroom to get something). Nana got all of the grandkids a very loud and obnoxious Christmas toy that shouts and plays music when you push the button. Anyways, L's is a Santa Clause and says "ho, ho, ho" so he started to imitate it tonight, but it comes out more like "aa, aa, aa" but we know what he means.
R is walking all over the place. He now spends more time walking than crawling. He has the best walk. He pushes his right shoulder up, holds his hands up to his chest, and high steps it out with his left foot. Mom said he walks like Steve Martin in "My Blue Heaven" I'm going to have to get that movie and check it out.
We had our worst restaurant experience today with the boys. We stopped at Cracker Barrel in Abilene on our way home (it is always where we stop because it is good place for messy boys). Neither boy would eat and they started a screaming contest with each other and threw their food all over the place. I think I ate a few bites and then I hurried Greg up so we could get out of there. They left such a mess and were not good at all. They are normally great when we go out (this is only their 3rd time to make it unpleasant for us and those around us). Hopefully it was only because they were needing to blow off some pent up energy from being in the car.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Greg and I have some much to be thankful for, but mostly for such wonderfully fun and healthy boys.

No comments: