Saturday, March 15, 2008

First Professional Haircut









The boys got their first real haircut today. I've trimmed around their ears a few times, but that didn't really count (or look that great). We took them to a kid's haircut place and they got to sit in these cool taxi cab chairs and watch Sesame Street at the same time. We thought R would totally break down, but he did fine (at least until the buzzer at the end). L had a great time. They were surprisingly not at all scared about the experience when they were put in the chair. They really enjoyed grabbing the steering wheel and pretending to drive. They looked great afterwards and much older, too.

And here they are afterward:







We went out to dinner last night and the boys each got a balloon to take home. These were their first balloons and they had the best time playing with them. So did our cat, Davis, who you can see in the picture, as well.



Things going on with the boys:

I don't think that I've mentioned how L is completely and totally obsessed with shoes. He asks for his shoes when he wakes up in the morning and from his nap every day. He only wants to wear his tennis shoes. He throws a fit if we don't put shoes on or try to put on his brown boots or Robeez. We've gotten to where we use his shoes as a form of punishment also. All we have to do when he is doing something he is not supposed to is to tell him that we're going to take his shoes off if he does what he is doing again. It works! He is also quite concerned about everyone else wearing shoes. He loves to pick out my shoes in the morning while I'm getting ready. I usually take his suggestion, but not always. But he's fine with picking out something else for me to wear if the first choice doesn't work.


R is really good at pretend play. He can entertain himself for quite a long time by playing with his cars or airplane. He likes to dump his toy baskets over and turn them into runways for his plane. As for his cars, he likes to take several of them and line them up on the table. He then will drive one around at a time and then park it back in place.


L knows his numbers. Last week I was putting the boys in their stroller and L pointed out the V6 on the back of my car and said "Six." He hasn't counted to 10 on his own yet, but he does like for me to say 1, and then he says 2, I'll say 3, he'll say 4, and so on.


I'll leave you with a video of L building a tower earlier this week.


1 comment:

Cindi Koceich said...

That totally cracks me up that Luke didn't even act nervous that Ryan was near his tower. He had to know he was going to crash it...I bet he was pretending not to notice but couldn't wait for Ryan to crash it!!!
Hugs!!!