Monday, March 10, 2008

Wonderful Weekend with Family



Grandad and Nana visited us this weekend from Lubbock. We all had a wonderful time together, along with Kent and Tara who live here, as well. R and L loved spending time with their Grandad. It is so sweet to hear them try to say "Grandad" it comes out a little like "Dee-Da." We had such a busy weekend, I can hardly remember everything that we did. Mom and Dad came on Friday morning, and we all hung out for a while and then went to lunch. On Saturday, we all (minus the boys) joined Kent and Tara for a thing that they have been a part of for awhile. That night, I made dinner and then we played a really fun game called the Settlers of Catan after the boys went to bed. On Sunday, we all went to the Downtown Aquarium. The boys had a good time watching all of the fish and walking around the complex. On Sunday night, we ordered pizza and then played cards. Today, we drove up into the mountains to check out the beautiful views. We ate at an Indian/Nepali restaurant for lunch (where dad ordered a hamburger) and then we had to head home to get Mom and Dad to the airport. It was a wonderful weekend and it was great to be able to hang out and do fun things together.

Below is Mama and her boys. I never would have gotten one picture of me with the both of them at the same time, but this will work.







R and L and their super-cool Uncle Kent and Aunt Tara. Kent said this weekend that the boys are his favorite toy. It is funny watching him act just as silly as they do.






Grandad, Nana and little R boy.




Grandad and Mr. L, looking like a little orange marshmallow.

Below is Grandad, Greg and the boys posing with a shark outside of the aquarium. I forgot my camera, so this is with my phone.








Neither of the boys have been eating great lately. They used to eat almost anything that we gave them, but they have become pretty picky. L will eat enough fruit for 5 grown men a day, but he picks around most everything else. R has been much worse and will hardly eat anything. So I made sloppy joes this past week because they've been known to eat them before. They loved them, R in particular. He ate and ate and ate. You can see from his picture below that he has sloppy joe all over his face and he is giving me the "more" sign. L, as you can see was just thrilled to eat and get messy.






I took this picture yesterday of L coming down the stairs from his bedroom. He found a paci out of his bed and his sunglasses, and I caught him in this pose as he was coming downstairs. The boys only get their pacis when they are in bed, but they sometimes sneak into their room and try to steal one.





New things:

Both boys have finally started clearly and consistently saying "Mama, " which is now my new favorite sound to hear. L said it once months ago, but they usually just smile when I try to get them to say it. They've been saying Daddy forever, but Mama must be harder, or they didn't feel the need to say it. Now L walks around the house and calls for me. How can you resist that?

They continue to say new things every day. Some of which only I can understand, and some of which no one can understand. But they are always talking.

The boys are enjoying their Gymboree class. They've been playing with circles the last couple of weeks, which is L's favorite shape.

I leave you with their artwork. L's is the Count and R's is the very colorful Mr. Potato Head.


1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm so impressed they use crayons. Mine eat them. Really, they do. I had to put them away. Maybe one day!