Thursday, May 8, 2008

Messy Boys



The boys are now of the age that they are capable of getting into almost anything. L has discovered that he can carry a step stool across the house into the kitchen and reach anything he wants in the sink or the counter top. I discovered this new found ability this week when L got into the tomatoes. Greg had just bought 2 bags of tomatoes that come in the mesh bags. L loves tomatoes and he found a way to get them. I found him in the kitchen with tomato juice and seeds all over his face, shirt and the kitchen floor. He had squeezed every single tomato and was sucking the juice out through the bag.
R had a similar experience. I was in the garage for about 10 minutes going through some stuff. When I came back inside, I found a huge mess. R had gotten into the cupcakes I had made earlier in the day. He had eaten 2 of them and there were crumbs all over the floor (which he was stepping on and grinding chocolate cupcake crumbs into the carpet and the cracks in the hardwood floors). L wanted some of the cupcake, too, but R would not share. So L was left picking up the crumbs off of the floor and R's face. 3 cupcakes were missing, but only 2 were found. I still have not found that cupcake and I have looked everywhere. I'm hoping that they threw it in the trash can, I guess will find out for sure when we move.

New things:

L told me he needed to be changed when he had a dirty diaper. He knows the sign for change (which is rolling his fists together) and he has used it a few times to let me know that he is either dirty or wet. This is step one for being ready for potty training.

R has really gotten a hang of things at Gymboree. He loves to participate and do the freeze dance. L takes the time when the rest of the class is busy to have the whole gym to himself, so he doesn't always participate. L also prefers to help the adults hold the parachute rather than get on it with the other kids.

L says "excuse me" when he needs to get around me or Greg. He says "Meme Daddy" or "Meme Mama." R either says "beep beep" or he whines.

R has the ability to see or hear any train or siren that is beyond normal human capacity. He says "choo choo" when he sees or hears a train. And he says "weo weo" when he sees or hears a siren.

Below is L and the tomatoes:





And here is R with cupcake all over his face:


How could anybody be mad at this sweet face?

No comments: