Sunday, June 1, 2008

Choo-Choo




We took the boys last week to ride a real-life choo-choo train up in the mountains. It was about an hour long ride in an open air car. The weather couldn't have been better. The boys had a great time. L was a little overwhelmed when we first got on due to all of the people on board, but he had fun once we started moving. R must have said "choo-choo" at least a hundred times. Greg got the boys each a train before we left, and R managed to get both of them by the time we got on the train. Above is a picture that I took this morning, a rare chance to get both boys in the same picture looking happy. Below are pictures of their ride.













New things:

R and L are going to be 2 on Saturday!! Can you believe that? They are so much fun and they do something new and entertaining every day.

L assigns ownership to all objects. For example, "Daddy's car, Mama's shoes, Bro's jeans" etc. He even called my vacuum cleaner "Mama's Dusty." His toy vacuum is named Dusty so it was only logical that mine would be called that as well. L also saw a car at the train station that looked just like my dad's, and he called it "Grandad's car."

Both boys are now capable of telling me if their diaper is dirty. L can tell me that he needs to be changed by doing the sign for change (rolling his hands together). R grabs his bottom and says "Aah Dirty" They aren't always consistent, but it is the first step for potty-training.

Below are recent videos of the boys. The first one is of the boys in their beds. L and R were both jumping in bed like crazy before I got the camera, and they of course stopped soon after I came in with it. They had banana pudding for desert that night and were way hyper, but amazingly went to sleep pretty quickly. The second video is of the boys at lunch last week after the train ride. I was attempting to get R on video doing his usual "no" routine, but he didn't do it quite so much once I got the camera, but he was excited to say hi.

1 comment:

Cindi Koceich said...

I love those little munchkins! They are growing up! Luke is losing his baby fat he must be on the move a lot now a days!!
Tell them I miss them and give them hugs and kisses from me!