Monday, September 8, 2008

First Day of School! First Day of School



For those of you who know Finding Nemo, this is the opening line (after Nemo's Mama dies, but the boys don't watch that part). So, the boys went to Parents Day Out on Thursday for the first time. They did great going in, they love their backpacks (thank you Grandad and Nana for their birthday present) and their lunch boxes. They marched right into their classroom and started playing with the cars and only cried a little bit when I left. But at about 12:30 I got a call from their teacher telling me that they were sick. My boys never get sick, but they did their first day of school. Turns out that they had some sort of stomach bug and ended up with numerous dirty diapers. I left work and picked them up. They were excited to see me and didn't seem too out of sorts (except that L's little bottom was quite sore). I don't really know what happened, but they got over it within a couple of days. Today was round 2 of school and they made it all day. They even took a nap, which I wasn't sure about since they tend to only sleep in the confined areas of their crib or pack and play. But apparently R went straight to his cot and fell asleep. L ran for the door and cried no, but soon calmed down and fell asleep, as well. That is a huge relief. R and L need naps, it is required for their sanity and ours. They become miserable little souls when their routine is messed up to the point that they don't sleep. It must have been the super cute new blankets that Nana made for them for school! Their 2 teachers were sweet enough to offer to keep my camera and take pictures of them during the day.









So football season has started. I hate football. I really hate the combination of football and Greg, but it is unavoidable every year. I think that I must repress my memories of each season because I forget how awful it is until it starts all over again. I am currently listening to Greg scream his lungs out downstairs and hoping that his insane screaming doesn't wake the boys up. However, I know it is important to him, so the boys are dressed up in their Bronco shirts on football days and wear lots of orange and blue. I also took the 3rd annual Opening Day Football picture with Greg and his boys again today. I'm adding the last two years' photos as a reference to show how much the boys have grown. Note - Greg is going to hate that I bashed football and his behavior while he watches it in my own personal blog; however, this is my blog and he can get his own if he has a problem with it :)
I took this last picture tonight before the boys went to bed. It is cold here today (53 degrees, but it is supposed to be in the upper 70s tomorrow-crazy), so the boys are wearing their footy pjs. They also insisted on wearing their hats to bed.

2 comments:

Cindi Koceich said...

I can't believe how grown-up they look with their lunch boxes and backpacks. I really love the three opening day pictures...it is a great example at what a difference a year makes!
I am so happy that school is going well (besides the first day...no fun!!)
Give them lots and lots of hugs and kisses for me!!!

Anonymous said...

The boys are so cute!! I can't believe how big they are getting either. Thank you for the doctor's name. I'm going to call today to see if she is taking new patients. Also, Brad is the same way during football season! At least it's only once a week I guess.