Sunday, September 28, 2008

First Bike Ride and More



On Saturday, I took the boys out for their first spin in their new bike trailer. They love it. R cries every time I stop and completely falls to pieces when I make him get out. L fell asleep in it the first time. It really isn't too hard. Hills are tough, and I go very slowly up them, but fortunately my bike has 24 speeds, so it is doable. I took them out in it again today and went further than I did yesterday. Basically I'm making a large perimeter around our entire neighborhood. It is further than what I would walk, so it is a decent distance. My goal is to get them to the South Platte Park not too far away which has a great bike trail on it. I don't think that I'd have any problem getting there and riding the trail (especially since it is mostly flat), but I have to pace myself so I can also get the three of us home. But it is a fun new toy that they boys love and it gets us out of the house.

Greg wanted to try the trailer out, as well. I thought he was cute riding my bike with hot pink flowers painted on it. Hopefully he'll be able to get himself a bike by Christmas.
We drove up to the mountains on Saturday to see the changing fall trees. It was a nice drive and we stopped along the Boulder Creek to let the boys out. They had a great time throwing rocks into the water.

Notice below that Greg is literally having to hold onto L to keep him from diving into the water.
Doesn't my little R look like such a little boy, he's not a baby anymore :(

This was my attempt to get a picture of me with the boys, but L was not in the mood to stand still, he wanted to run around and throw more rocks into the water.


New things:

R is becoming more and more expressive. This morning he said to Greg, "Breakfast, go Daddy's car." When Greg said no we should stay at home and have a bagel, R said no, Daddy's car. So thanks to R, we went out to breakfast this morning.


L has started to use more sentences. He told me the other day, "You're so funny." And later that day he gave me a book and said, "Read this book."


When L wants something, we usually repeat what he has said, and then he says, "OK!" quite excitedly. It cracks us up every time. It is especially funny when I have no intention of giving him something but I repeat what he says to see if I understood him correctly, but he still says "OK."


The boys are going to be Batman and Robin for Halloween. I've been trying to get them to try on their costumes so it won't be such a big deal at the end of October. R has tried on the Robin costume a few times, but L says no, every time I ask him if he wants to try on the Batman costume. But he decided this weekend that he would wear the Robin costume because it has a belt, and R was fine with trying on Batman. L liked his ok - he's not happy in the picture because he didn't want me to take his picture, not because of the costume. R loves being Batman. His favorite part is the mask, which I figured would never be worn. I could wait to post these closer to Halloween, but I thought that R looked so cute, I couldn't wait.
The boys got to help Greg wash Mama's car today.
I leave you with two pictures of the boys being silly.

1 comment:

Cindi Koceich said...

OMGoodness...batman and robin...SOOOO CUTE!! They truly are looking more like litte boys than babies...sigh!! Give them lots and lots of hugs and kisses for me!!

Love the bike trailer, I want to ride in it!