Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Happy Baby Shower!



My brother and his wife were in town this past weekend to visit friends and to have a baby-shower. Kent and Tara were living here until June before they moved to LA. They will be there a year and then off to Singapore. Tara just found out she is having a baby boy, and she is now set for life in the clothes department. The boys had a great time at the shower. The restaurant was open only for the shower, so they had a wonderful time running all over the place. I made the cake, which you can see below. Tara likes overalls on little boys, so that is the cake. I just started decorating a few months ago so I could start doing the boys' birthday cakes, it is so much fun. This was definitely my biggest cake. It is a double layer 18X26 inch cake, and I think I used about 3 pounds of butter for the frosting.



We took the boys to a nearby nature center/trail this past weekend to let them run around. They found a good spot by the river to throw rocks and watch their Daddy skip rocks across the water. R immediately sat right down and tried to scoot his way into the water. His little butt was so covered in sand and water that I had to strip him before we got back in the car.

The boys start their first day of school tomorrow!!! I'll be sure to take lots of pictures. I let them try on their backpacks today - they are so cute walking around with them as well as with their lunch boxes.

I leave you with a picture of R and his "Big Bird." He totally made this all by himself. He took his legos, put this together and came out of the playroom and told me it was big bird (it is what is on the table, not what he is holding). He is such a doll. He is often a whiny doll, but sweet all the same. He had a great time crawling in bed with Kent and Tara this weekend and laying down with them (he doesn't do that with us - he jumps on our bed and fights with his brother).

No comments: