Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Getting into the Holiday Spirit


We've had a fun and busy last week or so. I went to LA to meet my 2nd newest nephew, Fyo. He is a cute and sweet little dude. It was a nice and relaxing trip. Kent and Tara live in a really neat neighborhood in LA that is within walking distance to a coffee place and beautiful million $ plus homes. For those of you that watch Flipping Out on Bravo, they live in the same neighborhood and one street over from crazy OCD Jeff's Commonwealth house. Below are some pictures from my trip.


Fyo sleeping and swaddled in the same blanket that Kent had as a baby.


Nana and her youngest grandson.


Kent and his 3 babies.
Me and Fyo by the Christmas tree.

The boys are doing great. They've been busy and somewhat getting into the Christmas thing. Besides being fascinated with Christmas trees they also like to find wreaths and point them out while we're in the car. Luke got a hold of the phone the other night and I asked him who he was calling and he said, "Santa Claus." I asked what he was going to tell Santa Claus and he said, "Merry Christmas."


We don't have a whole lot else going on right now except the usual holiday stuff. We did go on a hay ride through our neighborhood before I left for LA. The weather was great (it's not now-it was 4 below when I left for work yesterday) and Santa even joined our ride. Ryan had a great time and even joined in singing Christmas songs. Luke is our shy one (he's crazy at home) and he was pretty quiet during the ride. Ryan absolutely fell to pieces and threw an enormous fit when the ride was over. He kept shouting "go back, go back" when we got in the car to go home.
New thing that Ryan is doing now: When I ask him what he is doing when he is doing something he is not supposed to, he responds with "hmm?" Greg said that is genetic-he gets it from his Papa.

I made Christmas cookies this weekend. I have always wanted to learn how to decorate cookies and I taught myself this year. It took a long time, but it was fun. I even let the boys help decorate a cookie for themselves.
Have a great week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What area of L.A. do they live in? It sounds like the Westside. I am jealous you got to go to my old home! :)
ps - your cookies look awesome! We need to open a bakery together, as I am obsessed with cupcakes and you are looking like a pro cookie/cake baker!

dalis