Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Fun with Olivia and Jacob



We made it to Lubbock with a stop only in Raton and again in Amarillo. The boys did a great job and got to watch Cars, Ratatouille (also known as Little Mouse Cooks), and Finding Nemo. Ryan did take a nap, Luke did not. We told them we were going to Lubbock, TX and they talked about that all day (both words, Lubbock and Texas). When we drove into town and said we were in Lubbock, TX, I think they were a little confused. But they have since had a blast. Sleeping arrangements have been a bit different. Nana and Grandad are still in LA visiting Baby Fyo, so I set the boys up in their room on air mattresses-that didn't work. They have ultimately slept the last few nights with me in Nana and Grandad's bed. When Nana and Grandad return tomorrow they will have to find somewhere else to sleep :) or we will.


The best part of our trip has been hanging out with Jacob and Olivia. The boys have a total of 4 cousins, but 2 of them are under 3 months of age and don't play yet. So, Jacob and Olivia have been a blast. Conny brought the kids over yesterday and we hung out all day at the house and then went to the absolute coolest playground I have ever seen that afternoon (yes, the coolest playground ever is in Lubbock). They had so much fun following each other around the giant castle and going down the many slides. The boys were so worn out that Luke fell asleep when we went to Cracker Barrel for dinner. Conny had to return to work today, so I kept all 4 kids by myself (Greg went to New Mexico to work). We had a really good day-only 2 time outs total. They have so much fun playing together, and I even got a nap out of Luke and Ryan. Jacob and Olivia are coming over again tomorrow, but Greg will be here and my parents get back in town around 3. I have Olivia and I decorating snowmen cupcakes on the agenda for tomorrow.

All 4 kids and Monet climbing on the big chair and watching Cars (which was supposed to be a rest time but turned into more play time).

Olivia and Luke have very similar personalities. They are both very studious and intelligent and their play comes across that way, as well. They are both little organizers and project makers. In this picture, they are making a quilt pattern out of little bitty triangles. Jacob and Ryan were in the playroom making a royal mess while I was taking this picture.
Ryan and Luke heading down one of the many tunnel slides.

Do you see Luke?

Here is my little organizer. He took out all of the golf tees and put them upside down in a pattern, then put them back in the triangle.
Look, they're taking a nap!!

Before we left for Lubbock on Saturday, Tim and Stephanie stopped by on Friday on their way to Loveland. It was so nice to see them again. We last saw them in July when they showed us Steph's ultra-sound picture of a little bitty baby. She is now about a month away from having a boy or girl. We are so happy for them and wish we could be there. Below is a picture of Ryan talking to Steph's baby, and at the bottom is a video of the boys with Stephanie (I'll have to add the video later, I can't get blogger to get it done in a timely manner-like less than an hour). Thank you Stephanie for being such a good sport and letting Ryan lift up your shirt to see and talk to the baby.


A huge thank you to my aunt Jane for teaching me how to make her incredible Chicken Fried Steak today. She was so sweet to come over while I had the kids and teach me her mother-in-law's recipe that everyone has enjoyed so much for years. It was alot easier than I thought and I look forward to making it for my boys in the years to come.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Candy, over Thanksgiving we were in the same boat - not enough beds. We made our boys pallets on the floor and said they were "special little beds" that Grandmother made "just for you" and Seth loved it. I took his picture on it. Not sure if it will work, but it's worth a try!