Wednesday, January 7, 2009

We're Home!


Actually, we've been home for almost a week, but things have been so busy. We made it in Saturday night with good weather all the way to Colorado Springs and then snow from there to home. We stopped at Cracker Barrel in the Springs and got the boys to eat their dinner by bribing them with ice cream if they did-it worked. We had a good trip-I only saw 2 crazy things. One was a peacock walking on the side of the interstate between Lubbock and Plainview (I don't think peacocks are native to West Texas, even though my grandmother was born in Peacock, TX) and then we watched 2 girls ride their horses to Applebee's in Amarillo, park them in the parking lot and then tie their legs together to get them from walking off. The boys did good in the car. I don't know how our parents did it before car dvd players-I think my brother and sister and I fought alot.

Below are pictures from the rest of our trip in Lubbock.

Me, Conny and our kids.
What is up with Ryan's face? All four kids played "Santa" and handed out presents-although I think Ryan gave every present that he had to Mr. G.
Luke and his stocking.
Ryan ripping into a present.
Olivia and I made cupcakes and Luke enjoyed his.
Ryan helped us ice the cupcakes.
Nana and Luke at the park.
Ryan pushing Jacob on the stroller.
We went to dinner with my parents and Jane and Charlie our last night in town and the boys allowed us to enjoy our dinner by riding in this red car. Grandad kept them supplied with about $5 worth of quarters to keep them entertained.
On the road!

Since we've been home, I worked on Monday and spent Tuesday decorating cookies. In the possibility that I might spoil the surprise (probably only a surprise for me), I made cookies for Stephanie's baby shower which is on Sunday (in Texas). I baked about 100 baby buggies and baby bottles on Sunday and decorated them all on Tuesday. I got them in the mail today and I hope they make it there safely in time. It was alot of fun and I really hate that I won't be there for Steph's shower.




The boys have had a good week minus Luke's eye infection (no pictures of that, it is quite disgusting). We've never dealt with an eye problem before but when I picked the boys up from school on Monday, Luke's eye was all goopy-made even worse by his long eyelashes. I took him to the doctor on Tuesday and he is now taking antibiotic eyedrops. As crappy as it is to give a 2 year old eyedrops, Luke is probably the best one out there to take them. He really doesn't mind and when we finish one eye, he says "do the other one." He is looking much better now and so far the rest of us are ok.

Below are pictures of the boys playing with their new Christmas toys.

Spinning on their Bilibos from Aunt Conny.

Ryan and Luke playing Animal Scramble. I got this game when I kept all 4 kids and it is the coolest thing ever-Luke rocks at it.



Lastly:
I am the proud new owner of a beautiful red Kitchen Aid mixer - which came in handy with all of those cookies.
Greg is a new owner (I don't know if he's proud or not) of a super nice bike-now he can pull the boys' trailer.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Congratulations on your kitchen-aid mixer! I'm so excited for you! And your cookies for Stephanie's shower are beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Candy,
I must say I just had to sign up for a blogger account just to THANK YOU for those wonderfullly thoughtful and delicious pieces of artwork that you surprised us with. They are divine and so are you!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you my dear friend!!!!