Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bedtime Saga Continues



Greg was gone for part of the week, so I got to battle the bedtime routine by myself. Luke is cured - I don't know exactly what worked for him, but he is no longer a problem. Ryan, however, is still as stubborn as ever. We've had to make it where he can no longer open his door in order to make him stay in his room (if not he will come out a hundred times). As a result, he has been screaming at the door for anywhere from 5-20 minutes before finally giving in. On Monday he cried for about 5 minutes and then I didn't hear anything for about 30 minutes, but he then started screaming "tuck in" for about 20 minutes. I know his routine, if I had gone in his room he would pull the same thing over and over again, so I had to ignore him. When I went in their room before I went to bed, Ryan wasn't in his bed. It took me a few seconds for my eyes to adjust, but then I found him in Luke's bed, sleeping with his brother. We found him in the same place last night, as well. Tonight, all has been quiet. But they are really tired. I had to work all day today (from 7 this morning to 7:30 tonight), so Greg took them out to dinner and then to Chic-fil-a for their playground and ice cream. Greg said they had an absolute blast and Luke screeched every time he came down the slide. Due to this, they are really tired and that has so far kept Ryan quiet.

Yesterday I took the boys to a kids' art studio for something different to do. Below are pictures. Luke was more into the art stuff, Ryan was more fascinated with how the record player worked (used for art, I guess).


Afterwards I took the boys to the mall for lunch. I had about 30 seconds of total panic when I lost Luke. I had managed to park on the complete opposite side of the food court so I was having to drag the boys through the mall. Luke became fascinated with the fountain and I told him to come on. About 3 steps later, I turned around expecting him to be right with me (because he normally sticks close), but he was gone. I didn't see him anywhere. I picked up Ryan and started running around the fountain yelling his name. Turned out he had gone the opposite direction that I had gone and had been stopped by 2 very nice ladies who noticed he was saying "mama." I hope their judgement of me went away when they noticed I was already carrying one 2 year old. I'm afraid the harnesses will have to make a comeback with Luke, he is so fast and sneaky. On a funny note of the mall visit: after lunch I took the boys to the Disney Store and got them a new Lighting McQueen shirt. The cashier gave both boys their own bag to carry and I paid while keeping an eye on Ryan who was carrying around a Sleeping Beauty doll. When we got home, I took the shirts out and found that Luke had stolen (not that he knows what that means) a High School Musical baseball from the store and had put it in his bag.


This last weekend we had great weather so the four of us went out on our first family bike ride. Greg got to pull the trailer this time.
Below are other pictures from this past week.
Ryan on his bicycle. He likes to wear his bike helmet backwards.
Luke has almost got writing his name down. He totally gets the L, U, and E. He has trouble with the K, but this has been his best attempt.
Luke gave the time-out timer a time out yesterday.
Greg reading Dr. Seuss to the boys tonight before bed.

Last but not least: Happy Birthday, Olivia! I can't believe that she turned 6 years old yesterday.

She is having a rainbow themed birthday party on Sunday, so I made her rainbow cookie party favors. I just wish we could be there!

I'm off tomorrow, so I hope to have a relaxing day and weekend with the boys.

No comments: