Saturday, March 21, 2009

Quick update


We are off to Lubbock tomorrow, so here is a quick update before I have new posts of cousins and family. Ryan has had a very good week. He's behavior has greatly improved and I think we have made it several days without any timeouts. He is also still taking a nap every day (which has probably helped his behavior) and has been going to bed at night with no problems. We took the boys to Chuck-e-Cheese on Wedensday. Who would've thought that there would be 6 birthday parties going on in the middle of the week? Luke had a good time and Ryan enjoyed putting the tokens into the slot.
New things:
Luke calls every boy or girl that he sees "little guy." He is quite a conversationalist with other kids and will call out "wait, wait, little guy."
Luke told us on the way to ChuckeCheese that Ryan was his buddy. I said "Ryan is your buddy?" and he said "yes, he's my bro buddy."
Ryan freaks out over any bug that he sees. We had a minor ant issue on the backporch (I think they found food) and he refused to come outside. He would stand at the door and tell me that there were catepillars outside and for mama to go crush them.
Have a good week and I'll post more as things come up. I'm going to Fort Worth on Monday-Wednesday to see Tim and Stephanie and to meet Mackenna. Kent, Tara and Fyo are coming to Lubbock at the end of the week and a family picture with all of the grandkids has been scheduled. It should be interesting to see how that goes-5 kids under the age of 6. The boys will remain with Nana and Grandad the following week and Greg and I will meet them somewhere between Denver and Lubbock to pick the boys up and bring my mom back for the following week (Greg has 2 week-long out of town trips). I am looking forward to having the house to myself for more than a couple of hours for the first time in almost 3 years. Of course I will miss them, the short break will be nice.

1 comment:

Cindi Koceich said...

Hey...we would love to say hi while you're here. We totally understand if it's just a busy few days, but just let us know!