Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Trip to Lubbock



We had a great Spring Break in Lubbock. The boys are still in Lubbock with Nana and Grandad and I'm trying to cope without them. I was so looking forward to a week by myself but I had a panic attack/melt down the night before Greg and I left and almost couldn't leave them. I'm glad I did (sort of) because I have to work this week and it really was the best scenario, plus the boys are still having a blast. They think that Lubbock, TX is located inside Nana and Grandad's house and they really love being there. I've been able to talk to them on the phone several times and on Skype last night (they actually talked to me on the computer for about 20 minutes).

I went to Fort Worth for a couple of days at the beginning of the week to see Tim and Stephanie and meet Mackenna. I forgot to bring my camera, so I don't have any pictures. I had a great time hanging out and seeing our old home/favorite places again. The 4 of us went to TCU and it was really neat to see how much the campus how changed - then we went to Mi Cocina. I told Greg when we got to Texas I wanted Mexican food, Barbecue, and Blue Bell ice cream. I got my favorite Mexican at Mi Cocina (Colorado Mexican is disgustingly tasteless) and Blue Bell Cookies and Cream (my absolute favorite), no BBQ but maybe next time.

Quick recap of our trip:
  • Luke slammed my finger in the front door right before we left for Texas. It immediately turned a deep purple (Luke told me I was wearing a purple bandaid). I have never hurt so much that I thought I was going to throw up and pass out. It is still purple and useless and I will probably lose the nails (yuck). Ryan was very concerned about me and gave me his bear to hold in the car.
  • The boys had a ton of fun playing with Jacob and Olivia. Luke is especially a fan of Jacob - Jacob's behavior is fine but Luke turns into a crazy banshee when he is around him.
  • Uncle Kent, Aunt Tara and Baby Fyo came from LA to visit. It was fun to have everyone together again and for the boys to meet their cousin.
  • While we were gone, Denver had a blizzard. Almost no snow all winter and in one day the total snowfall almost doubled. It is snowing again now and more is expected this weekend and next week. We are supposed to pick up the boys on Saturday but another major snowstorm is supposed to come :( so we may have to wait until Sunday to see them.

Below are pictures from the week:

Grandad and his grandkids (plus Conny who is holding up Ryan).

The boys sitting at Nana and Grandad's new house (they haven't moved yet).

Grandad and a sleeping Luke.

Ryan playing with stickers.

All of the grandkids had their picture taken in matching outfits (Fyo had a striped shirt, too). The pictures amazingly turned out pretty good considering how hard it is to get 5 young kids to cooperate at the same time.

Grandad and Luke at Jumping Jungle (like the Bounce House).

Greg comforting a sad Ryan - I don't know why he was sad, it happens so often (he probably was just tired).

Kent, Tara and Fyo getting ready for pictures.

Sorry for the long post. I should have updated some last week, but things were busy and I have a lot of quiet time this week.

No comments: