Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Easter!



We had a nice Easter with the boys and family. We started the morning with Easter baskets - which the boys were quite excited about. I'm not going to tell them that Easter baskets and eggs come from the Easter Bunny - they are from us, plus that the Easter Bunny is not what Easter is about. I guess I just feel that the Easter Bunny is a Hallmark invention and it is not the same thing as believing in Santa Claus (who is at least a historical person and not a giant cartoonish animal). Anyways, after that we went to church and for whatever reason Ryan spent the entire time under the table in the nursery. I'm not sure why, he normally likes it there. We then went to Greg's parents for brunch. Luke enjoyed the Easter egg hunt, Ryan chose not to participate and played with his cars instead. We attempted a nap when we got home but that didn't work out too well, so we settled for our Easter egg hunt. Sunday was really cold and rainy, so we stayed inside this year. Below are pictures from the day-not in any order because blogger won't let me move pictures right now.


Easter baskets from us.


Luke was promised a jelly bean for a big smile which he delivered. You can tell from the top picture that Ryan was not interested in cooperating - he was mad because I just combed his hair.

Playing with Easter basket stuff.

Easter baskets from Nana and Grandad. They have recently come to love Dr. Seuss and the Cat in the Hat. Luke's favorite is Green Eggs and Ham. Nana got them a Dr. Seuss video while they were in Lubbock and we now have to watch it every day.


Tomorrow night we are going to Sesame Street Live, which I am so excited about. I remember going myself when I was a kid, so I hope they will enjoy it.

No comments: