Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sesame Street and Snow


We all went to see Sesame Street Live on Thursday night and the boys loved it. Luke talked about giving Ernie a big hug the whole way from the the car to the show (I was so sad that he couldn't give him one). Almost 3 is the perfect age for the show. It kept their attention the whole time. Ryan danced and Luke watched intently and asked questions about the characters.


Below is Luke and his first cotton candy. It is one of my favorite foods, so I'm thrilled he loves it, too. Ryan had a few bites and was done - Luke couldn't get enough.


Starting Thursday night we had constant snow and rain until Saturday night. I think we ended up with something like 15 inches of snow mixed in with rain - which created a huge disgusting mess. It was cold and slushy and just miserable. Greg did take the boys out on Saturday to help shovel, but it was raining at the time and Luke stayed out for a few minutes and Ryan got soaked. It was in the 60s today and it is supposed to get up to 80 later in the week - so the snow is melting quickly leaving an even more disgusting muddy mess - hopefully our yard will dry out in a few weeks.

We've been talking to the boys for several weeks about their birthday and what kind of cake they want (it all started when we went out to eat one night and it was someone's birthday and Luke declared he wanted cake). Luke told us he wanted a Lighting McQueen cake (from Cars), which was no surprise. I asked Ryan what he wanted and he said a dog. I was confused as to where that came from but we've asked him several times randomly since and he has always said a dog. So I had resigned myself to making 2 birthday cakes and having a 2 themed party (why should they always have combo deal just because their birthday is the same day?). I've been looking online for some ideas on a dog and finally came up with Snoopy. I showed Ryan and he said he liked it and Greg asked him if that was what he wanted for his birthday cake and he said, "no, not." I showed him another Snoopy and got the same response so I then showed him a cake with plain dog on it and he said no again. We asked him again what he wanted and he said dog. I then asked him if he wanted a dog or Doc (also from Cars) and he said Doc. So mystery solved, he really wants a Doc Hudson cake (confirmed by showing him a picture). I'm glad that was discovered now because I've already been looking for cake and decoration ideas for a Cars and dog themed birthday party. I think he would have been disappointed on his birthday to have a dog cake.

I leave you with 2 pictures of Luke and his many friends. We got him an Ernie yesterday since he couldn't hug the real Ernie and he has now added him to his collection of items that he sleeps with.

You can't quite see them all in his bed, but he sleeps with a kitty cat, tiger, Rudolf, monkey, Ernie and Bert (plus several of his favorite books).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The boys are getting so big and so cute!! I bet this birthday will be a lot of fun for them.