Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Yard Work



Greg and I started to work on our front yard this past weekend, and the boys had a good time helping us out. We were all exhausted by the Sunday afternoon, but we have at least one more weekend before we'll be done. We're going to put in a flagstone walkway this weekend and then add some vegetation and hopefully some curb appeal.


Helping to redistribute topsoil.

Ryan had a good time pretending to mow the yard with Greg.

Luke fascinated with a weed.

Ryan off-roading on the mulch.

Things going on:
Both boys love letters, but Luke is obsessed. I got him some wooden magnetic letters a few weeks ago and he now carries them around with him and plays with them all of the time. One of his favorite things to do with me is to spell words with them. Luke hasn't done a great job lately about eating breakfast, so we got him some AlphaBit cereal to see if that would help. The first morning we tried it I pulled it out of the pantry and showed it to him. He put his hands to face and squealed with delight. He now loves to eat breakfast, as long as it is his AlphaBit cereal.

This is the last week of school for the boys. I'm looking forward to the summer, but also apprehensive of having them home all of the time. They love going to school and they do so many fun things in their class. I've signed them up for swim lessons the first 2 weeks in June (so I can hopefully take them to the pool my myself this summer) and they're also going to play soccer in July and August. I have also started to do a preschool curriculum with them here at home (thank you Cindi for the suggestion). We've done it on my days off the last 2 weeks and they have had so much fun and gives us something structured to do every day. The best part with this program is that it is all pre-organized by day, so I just pull out each day's bag and follow the easy curriculum.

End of school year cookout.

No comments: