Saturday, May 30, 2009

Getting Ready for the Party!


The big 3rd Birthday Party is tonight and I'm taking advantage of a few moments of quiet to sit down and add pictures of the cakes and cookies I made for the boys' party. I don't know if my cousin Brian knows this, but he is my inspiration for learning how to decorate cakes. He decorated his own kids' birthday cakes every year and I always thought that was the neatest thing to do for his kids. So last year I made it my mission to do my kids birthday cakes. Last year it was Sesame Street cupcakes and this year Luke requested Lighting McQueen and Ryan wanted Doc Hudson. I also taught myself how to decorate cookies this past year, so I made little boys with blue and brown eyes for party favors. The boys have been so excited about their birthday cake - they've been talking about it for months - so this morning we got video and pictures of them seeing both of their cakes for the first time. They both said "good job, Mama" which made it all worth it. I'll post later about their party.

Luke and his Lighting McQueen cake.

This one was pretty simple because it is a cake pan and with good directions.

Ryan and his Doc Hudson cake.

There is no Doc pan, so I had to carve this one from a cake made in a bread pan and then I used a die cast car as my model.

Luke with brown eyes and Ryan with blue. They love to talk about peoples' eye color and they both like that Luke has brown eyes like Mama and Ryan has blue eyes like Daddy.

2 comments:

Cindi Koceich said...

Oh my...three!!!! I'm going to cry!!!
Happy Almost birthday Luke and Ryan!!! I love you guys!!!

The cakes and cookies look amazing!!! I wish I could have been there to help ya'll celebrate!!

Dalis said...

Wow! Your decoration/creation skills are amazing! :) Happy 3rd Birthday to the boys!