Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Birthday Party and Swim Lessons



The boys' actual 3rd birthday will be Sunday, June 7, but we had their party this past Saturday. They had such a good time seeing family and friends and they have had a blast with all of their really nice birthday gifts. Thank you everyone who came and were so generous to Ryan and Luke.


They loved being sung Happy Birthday. Ryan actually blew out the candles on his cake before we could even get Luke's lit - I was surprised they knew to do that.

Eating a little bit of Lighting McQueen and Doc Hudson cake.

Luke as a fireman. He loves to play pretend.


Their new favorite toy from Nana and Grandad (who brought it on the plane). It is big enough for both of them play with it.

Below - getting ready for swim lessons.

The boys started swim lessons on Monday. I had hoped to take them to our pool before they started lessons, but is has been too cold (at least for me). So their first pool experience since last summer came on Monday. Luke was willing to get in, but didn't fully embrace it; Ryan was forced in once and didn't like it. On Tuesday, Luke literally jumped right in and Ryan sat on the steps and watched (he was quite content to keep his feet in and play with some pool toys). I figured that if I could get Ryan into the pool and get comfortable with the idea he would be fine. So I took the boys yesterday after nap to an indoor activity pool not too far from the house (it was 47 degrees yesterday, so much too cold for our pool). It was a really neat pool and they had so much fun that I can't believe that I didn't take them sooner. Luke went down the water slide about 100 times and Ryan liked to stand under the waterfall. It took Ryan about 20 minutes to get fully comfortable in the water without having to hold my hand, but after that, he was fine on his own. So this morning at swim lessons, Ryan jumped into the pool, as well. They have a full 2 weeks of swim lessons, so I'm feeling more hopeful now that they will learn something than I did the first 2 days of Ryan sitting on the steps.
.
Luke was so ready to get in the pool.

Can you see the terror in Ryan's face? I promise that he not traumatized for life - you should have seen him today - he was so excited and when he got out of the pool he said, "Mama, I did very well."

Lastly, some pictures of the boys playing with some of their new toys.


Putting gas in their new lawn mowers.

Playing in the bathtub with their new letters and numbers.

Playing in the sandbox - one of my least favorite activities due to the mess and the fact that the pour sand on each others' heads - but they love it.

Have a great week and I'll post some pictures for their birthday of their first 3 years.

No comments: