Friday, June 26, 2009

Back Home in Texas!



We made it to Lubbock on Saturday and we've all had a great time hanging out in the "New Lubbock, TX" (which is what Luke and Ryan refer to Nana and Grandad's new house). The boys have had a blast hanging out with Jacob and Olivia. All four get along so well and it is great to see them have such a good friendship with their cousins - which is something that I never really had the opportunity of (most of my cousins have children closer to my age).

We've all been busy since we got here. On Sunday we all went to Critter Fest at the Science Museum and got to see tigers, feed goats and ride ponies. Greg left on Monday and we stayed around the house most of that day. On Tuesday, the boys and I went over to Conny's house to their pool and the kids had a great time playing and swimming, afterwards Grandad took us all to see Up. On Wednesday, we met G-Nanny at the mall and we watched the boys play in the play area and we ate at Chicken-Lay. Jacob and Olivia spent the night with us on Wednesday and spent the day with us yesterday. We went to see a movie at the Omnimax, turned up at Aunt Jane and Uncle Charlie's house uninvited :) and got to see their turtle (who is been living in the backyard for about 15 years), and then all 4 kids took a nap. Today, Nana has taken all 4 to the playground and I'm getting a few minutes of peace and quiet! Mom and Dad have had some landscaping done to their house this week and the phone/internet line was accidentally cut on Tuesday with a backhoe - it was finally fixed today, so I no longer feel cut off from the outside world.

Greg will be back today from New Mexico and we are all going over to Jane and Charlie's tonight for homemade Chicken Fried Steak (and I saw lemons at Jane's yesterday, so I suspect Lemon Ice Cream, as well). Below are pictures from this week.


I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to be back home! Every time we come to Lubbock and cross the border into Texas, my heart jumps. Even though we are entering ugly Texline, it still feels like being home.

Ryan and Luke playing with a Disney train set that my grandmother had for my youngest cousin who is now 21. The battery still worked! and the boys love it.

Playing with the water table at the Science Museum.

I need one of these at my house!

Feeding the goats. When Conny handed the cone and animal food to Luke, he started to eat it himself :)

Luke on a pony, tipping his hat to the camera.

Crying Ryan. He cried because he didn't want on the pony, and then he did when everyone else was on and then cried again once Grandad bought him a ticket and he got on. Ultimately, he didn't ride and cried in Grandad's arms.

Luke playing the piano at Conny's house that had once belonged to my MeeMaw.

Me and Luke at the pool. Ryan stayed in the kiddie pool with Jacob, but Luke wanted to swim in the big pool with me and Olivia.

Craft time at Nana's.

Grandad and Ryan.

Lastly, a video of Luke jumping off the diving board. He wanted to jump off by himself so bad. I probably spent at 45 minutes in the water below the diving board with him standing above me. I probably counted to 3 100 times and he just couldn't bring himself to jump off, which would then make him mad. Ryan stood on the side and kept cheering for him and saying "come on bro, come on." Ultimately, I jumped off with him twice, but he never could do it on his own. Maybe next time. Sorry it's crooked - just turn your head.

No comments: