Sunday, August 2, 2009

Family Weekend



We've had a good weekend hanging out together and doing stuff with the boys. On Saturday we took the boys on a hike after their soccer game was canceled (due to the rain the night before although it was gorgeous Saturday morning). They had fun running through the tall grass and throwing more rocks into the river, yet again. Today we took the boys to the pool. And at the request of Luke we ate dinner in the backyard both nights.

Luke informed me and Greg today that when he grows up he is going to be a Mama. And then he said that Ryan can be a Daddy. Greg told him to follow his dreams but that he may have to make a trip to Trinidad to make that one happen.

I head back to work this week, so my summer vacation has almost come to an end. I'm actually looking forward to getting back to work and with other adults. It is also easier for me to now to go back after the summer because I work part time, so I get 2 days off during the week. Unfortunately, I don't think potty training is going to be successfully completed before school starts. I asked Luke the other day if he is ready to wear big boy underwear, and he said "no, not yet." I read recently that you are supposed to ask if they want to go to the potty and if they say no, then fine - but at this rate they're going to be 10. However, I also need to keep in mind that they are not going to be asked on their college application or their first job interview at what age they are potty trained. They get it, but they aren't interested all of the time. I think they're pretty advanced in other areas, so this is a pretty small one in the big scheme of things. But, we would like to stop buying diapers.

Below are pictures from the weekend.





A friend of mine from school gave the boys this tractor that had belonged to her kids. It is a great old metal one and the boys had fun today trying to ride it.


Lastly, a video of the boys singing the Alphabet Song into their microphones.

No comments: