Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Quiet, Peaceful Bliss!


The boys are at Vacation Bible School this week. That means that I have 3 1/2 hours to myself every day - at home with no one else here. This is my idea of perfect relaxation. I spent some of the time yesterday cleaning out the playroom closet and the desk in our kitchen. I have other plans of cleaning this week, but today - I'm going to drink my coffee and read, and then go for a bike ride. Above is a picture of my cats thoroughly enjoying the rare peace quiet.

The boys had another soccer game on Saturday. The game was alot hotter than last week (it was later in the morning) and I think they were worn out by the 2 laps around the field during practice. They are showing no early promise of soccer greatness - but they are 3 and they seem to be having fun. Their favorite part about the game are the snacks afterwards.


On Saturday night, we took the boys to an outdoor concert with the Colorado Symphony Orchestra. The boys loved the 4th of July concert so much that I thought they would enjoy this. Unfortunately, the weather was cold when we got there and turned into a major thunderstorm about half way through. Everyone ran to their cars with lawn chairs and blankets in tow. I carried Ryan, wrapped up in a blanket and Greg walked with Luke under an umbrella. We were all soaked and we almost lost Ryan's bear in the process (he took a dive into the gutter and starting swimming down the hill). There is another concert in Littleton in a couple of weeks, so we may try it again with hopefully much better weather.

Luke kept Ernie safe and warm during the concert. And below, Ryan liked playing with the bubble machine that was set up for the kids.


Below are pictures that the boys took with their own disposable cameras when everyone was here. I don't want to bother figuring out how to scan them into the computer, so I took pictures of them with my camera. They had alot of fun taking pictures of random stuff. At the zoo, Luke liked to tell the ducks or monkeys to smile and then he'd tilt the camera up and take a picture of the sky.

Ryan's picture of Conny's attempt to take a picture with her kids.

Ryan 's picture of Luke learning how to use his camera on top of Pikes Peak.

Ryan's picture of Conny at the lake.

Luke's picture of me taking a picture of him on top of Pike's Peak.

Luke's picture of Ryan at the pool.

Luke's picture of Ryan in timeout.

This is my favorite, but I'm not sure who took it - we got one last camera and the boys took turns taking pictures, so it could be either of them.

Have a great week - I know I'm going to :)

1 comment:

Tara said...

The boys might not have a knack for soccer, but they certainly do for photos! These are great! And I think this is one of the better family photos that Kent, Fyo and I have! It's hard to get a good one of all three of us!