Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Potty Trained and Lonely Week


The boys have been delivered safely to Texas for the week. Greg, the boys, my mom and I met my dad in Logan, New Mexico on Sunday to transfer Nana and kids. Greg and I then went to Santa Fe where we stayed the night and enjoyed the town and the drive home yesterday. Now we're home, and I miss them. I worked today, but I'll be home most of tomorrow - so it will really kick in then. However, the quiet is nice, at least for a little while. Greg and I went to dinner tonight and to look at new big boy beds. We're likely going to give their cribs to our friends who are having twin boys, so Ryan and Luke will be so excited to get real beds. We haven't gotten them yet, it will probably be another month or so, but we took advantage of them not being here to go and look.

When we got home tonight we were able to talk to the boys on the computer. They told us what they had for dinner and they sang us a couple of songs. I showed them the shirts I got them today and Ryan said, "Ooh, thank you Mama." Ryan asked for me to be in Lubbock, TX with him, but we told him he would be home in 4 days. Then they started fighting over the chair they were sitting in and Ryan got his feelings hurt and spent the rest of the conversation crying and saying, "Mama."

As the title suggests, I would call the boys potty trained. They stayed completely dry all the way to Lubbock on Sunday and have been since. Nana and Grandad even took them to the mall tonight in underwear. It took a while, but they both have finally gotten it! We are both so proud of them and have been dreaming of this day for long time.

The last soccer game was on Saturday. I think the boys really enjoyed the whole experience. They had a great time playing with other kids and being a part of something. They didn't develop any great soccer skills, but they seemed to love their first team experience.

The all important after game snack - everybody's favorite activity.

Ryan's action shot.

The parent tunnel after the game - this was Luke's favorite thing. He would ask me before the games, "Mama, you make me a tunnel?"

Lastly, the boys getting ready to head to Lubbock in Nana's car. They were strapped in and watching a video and were so done with us telling them goodbye.

No comments: