Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Changes are Coming



The boys are now home with us. They had a great week with Nana and Grandad and seeing their cousins in Lubbock, TX - but they are glad to be home. I was able to take them to the Bounce House yesterday and it was the first time I've been able to sit and read a book while they played. However, these things are about to change. I'm most likely going to start working full time in the next couple of weeks. The school has had an unexpected increased enrollment (5 teachers were cut at the end of last school year), so classes are going to be added to prevent having classes of 35. I will be teaching part time (2 classes) and counseling the rest of the time. It is not ideal, but I need to work full time, and this is my opportunity to do so. This has all come up very quickly, so I've been scrambling to find a new preschool for the boys. Greg and I will visit a couple in the next few days. I have enjoyed being able to stay home some of the time with the boys the last year and a half, but I'm ready to work full time again, and they will only benefit from a 5 day a week preschool. The good thing is that I don't work late -so I'll only be at school from 7 to 3, which still gives me time to spend with the boys.

Ryan is going to be Harry Potter for Halloween and Luke is going to be Harry's best friend Ron. I've been planning these costumes since before they were born. Mom made their robes while she was here and I made their scarves. I found glasses for Ryan (which are too big-I need to work on that) so now all I need is a Gryfinndor patch and tie and a dress shirt to go with their gray corduroy pants and black shoes. And of course, I still need to find the perfect wands and red hair dye for Luke. Ryan was so excited to try on his glasses. I introduced the first movie to them this summer, so they know who the characters and they're pretty excited about it (they like to say Harry Totter and Ron with a W).



Lastly, 2 videos: The first is of the boys marching with the flutes that we got them in Santa Fe. The second is a clip of the video I took of Greg and I talking to Ryan on Skype. Luke never stops talking when he is home, but Ryan took over talking to us on Skype. It was nice to be able to have conversations with him - it was like his own little forum to communicate.




No comments: