Sunday, September 20, 2009

A Great Day


I had a great birthday weekend with my boys. The four of us went out to breakfast Saturday morning - which is one of my favorite things to do (I love breakfast although I rarely eat it). After that we headed to a corn maze at the nearby botanical garden. It was really hard and we had to cheat our way through towards the end. It took a little over an hour and the boys were getting tired and wanted to be carried-so we had to do what was necessary to survive. They had a lot of fun, but it was a little long. While the boys were napping I went shopping and got a new purse and super cute PJs for the boys (see below). That night Greg took me to dinner while Uncle Jonny and Aunt Jenny babysat. This morning we went on a bike ride along the river. Overall it was a perfect weekend. Greg and the boys got me tickets to the TCU v. Air Force game and tickets to see U2 in Las Vegas (plus they all 3 made me a cake). My parents got me a new winter coat and my mother in law printed out my entire blog so I will have it always. Thank you so much to everyone.

At the corn maze.


Greg's helpers.

New PJs. They love them. I had gone shopping to search for Superman PJs with a cape attached, but I found these instead. In case you're not up on your Disney Pixar characters - Luke is Buzz Lightyear and Ryan is Woody from Toy Story (one of their favorite movies).

As I was heading upstairs today I glanced in the playroom and found them like this.

Lastly, 2 videos: one of the boys at the corn maze and the other of Luke icing my birthday cake.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It thrills my heart to see ya'll involved in so many "family activities" ......involving and exposing the little boys to various experiences and activities. THANK YOU to you and Greg for being such great parents.
p.s. Glad you had such a wonderful birthday weekend. Love you, mom