Saturday, September 12, 2009

Back to School



The boys started their first day of school on Tuesday. Not only was it their first day, it was at a totally new school. They did great. Greg and I both took them and they marched right in and said bye to the both of us happily - no tears or hesitation. It has been a long week for them, they aren't used to being at school every day, so by the end of the week they were tired and grumpy. I think they are going to like it just fine and their school director is very impressed by the both of them. We're spending this weekend staying close to home and not doing too much. They are taking a nap right now and have both been asleep for at least 2 hours - they need it.


They do such a great job humoring me for pictures - this is the 2nd annual first day of school picture, many more to come.

Walking into their new school.

First day of school last year. At that time, I rarely could get them together for a picture - they are alot more cooperative now.

I start teaching on Monday. I'll have one class of World Civilizations (World History minus Europe) and one class of Geography. Greg and I brought my teaching stuff up from the basement today. When I stopped teaching, I was on maternity leave and my mom and I spent as little time as possible tearing down my classroom and throwing everything into boxes. I'm glad I didn't throw anything out, but I also hadn't thought I would teach again. However, while I was going through the boxes today, I was getting more excited about getting back in the classroom and teaching. I love being a counselor, but I also really liked teaching - hopefully this will give me the best of both worlds and not turn out to be more than I can handle. I tend to thrive on pressure and stress, so I think I'll be fine - I'll let you know in a few weeks.

No comments: