Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Back from Vegas, Baby!


Greg and I had a good time in Las Vegas this past weekend but it is also good to be home. Vegas is a neat place, but I think I've had my fill of it for next several years. For someone who doesn't gamble and is sensitive to loud noises (think slot machines) and crowds of people, it is a little overwhelming. The best part of our trip by far was the U2 concert on Friday. It was great and was well worth the trip. It was my first concert (yes, my first) and I don't think anything/anybody will be able to ever top U2 (Neil Diamond might be close, but that is it). Fortunately the weather was great and I was able to lay out by the pool and read my book on Friday and Saturday. Greg enjoyed hanging out at the sports book on Sunday and placing a few bets on some games. We even went to a sports book on Saturday to watch TCU play, but we got there too late for me to place a bet on TCU (darn it).

At the U2 concert and picture of the crazy huge stage below.

A rare picture of me at the garden in the Bellagio- I have to include it because they are so few and far between (since I'm always the one with the camera).

The boys spent with the weekend with Nana and Grandad and had a great time playing with them and helping Grandad build a huge train track in their playroom. They got to go to Home Depot, Target and the toy store twice (so Grandad could continue to build onto the train). Ryan helped Nana make cookies and Luke "cooked" in his own little kitchen with her. Grandad even taught Ryan to tell me on the phone, "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas" which sounded super cute in his sweet high pitched voice. Below is the train set that Grandad built. It is still standing, but will probably not last too much longer. I'll build a new one on their train table and attempt to maintain it for them and Grandad.


We're bracing for a snowstorm tonight (which probably means nothing will happen), but it is supposed to be nice by Halloween. I can't wait to get the boys dressed up in their costumes - pictures of them trick-or-treating will come this weekend.

No comments: