Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Jacob!


We had a wonderful weekend in Lubbock for Jacob's 5th birthday. We took the boys on their first plane ride, but I'll post pictures of that in a few days. I forgot to put the battery back in my camera, so I had to take pictures with my cell phone. These pictures are from my mom's camera. Jake's birthday party was at Jumpin Jungle (like the Bounce House) and all of the kids had a blast bouncing all over the place and then Conny and the kids came over for dinner Sunday night. It is great to see how they are all 4 so excited to see one another and they have the best time running around and playing games.

Jacob loves any Eric Carle book, so I made his cake from the book The Very Hungry Caterpillar.



We got to Lubbock Saturday night and I made the cake that night and finished it up Sunday morning before the party. The boys had a good time watching me and sticking their fingers into the empty icing bowl when I they thought I wasn't looking.

The birthday boy.

Jacob and Olivia

I also made the cookies as party favors. If you've read the book you know that the premise is that they caterpillar eats his way through many foods and then becomes a butterfly at the end. I made fruit shaped cookies with a caterpillar hole in it to go along with the cake.


I have too many plane pictures to post now, so I'll add those later this week.

No comments: