Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day




What a week and weekend! I've been super busy at school with AP testing and we had a great but busy weekend, as well. When we bought our house 2 years ago, we loved the inside, but the front yard needed some work because there was no landscaping. Last year we put in a pavestone walkway and a new stone border and then ran out of time and money to actually plant anything. That finally changed on Saturday. I've been researching plants and visiting a local nursery since last May to get some ideas on what to plant in our yard. On Friday night, all 4 of us went to the garden center to buy everything and on Saturday, Greg and I spent the day planting everything. It looks like a new yard to me - but that is because I've been looking at dirt and no greenery for the last 2 years.

Hopefully in a couple of years everything will fill out - and since everything is a perennial it should come back every year.

Today we went bowling. A friend of mine from school has an annual tradition of bowling every Mother's Day, and we joined them this year. The boys had the best time bumper bowling. They even had a little ramp so all they had to do was push it down the ramp. As a result, their scores were better than mine and Greg's.

Who knew they made bowling shoes for little boys?


Ryan's reaction to knocking pins down was to give us a thumbs up.
Below, video of Ryan bowling.


Tonight we went to Pei Wei for dinner. Not really an exciting Mother's Day restaurant, but it is my kind of place because we didn't have to wait for a table. The boys had a great time eating with their chopsticks aided by the chopstick holder on the end (something Greg and I would have to use, as well).


Overall, it was a great Mother's Day. Greg took the boys to Sur la Table on Friday to let them pick out whatever they wanted for me (with the idea that I could take it back for something that I really want, but I don't have to heart to do that). Luke picked out a rainbow colored whisk that I can use with my non-stick cookware and Ryan picked out several different colors of sanding sugar.



Ryan drew this picture today of his family on a boat. The sail is in the middle, the water underneath, and the 4 of us are on either side .
Below are the strawberry cupcakes that I made last weekend - the strawberry cream cheese frosting was delicious.


Happy Mother's Day to everyone out there, especially to my mom and Greg's mom.

2 comments:

Mom said...

Isn't it just pure joy being a mother (well, most of the time)? It's even better being a Nana.

Courtneytcu98 said...

That picture of Ryan so excited is pure Greg!