Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Puppet Show



On Saturday, we took the boys to the Denver Puppet Theater. It was a pretty cool place with a neat fountain in the courtyard and lots of puppets, marionettes and puppet theaters to play with inside. Our ticket was a paper puppet that the boys got to decorate beforehand and then we watched the one puppeteer perform Thumbelina (which a somewhat disturbing story - it left Luke thinking that getting married is a bad thing). Afterwards, we went to a cupcake bakery where the boys chose a chocolate cupcake with Twix cereal on top. Luke asked if it was a special day - I told him it was, but for no particular reason.







Mmmm - good. Greg got an Almond Joy cupcake and I had Black and White cupcake.


After our cupcake adventure, I was inspired to try some of my own. Below is my first specialty cupcake (as in not from a cake mix) - White Chocolate Mocha - a chocolate coffee flavored cake with white chocolate buttercream frosting. I have several future recipes lined up to try.


Not a whole lot else is going on - I've been busy at work - my big project of the year is administering all of the AP exams - so I'll be spending the next two weeks giving 900 exams to 400 students. Greg was out of town last week but will be around until at least after the AP exams. We have something planned every weekend now until we leave for our big Disneyland trip at the end of May (one of which will be the boys' space themed 4th birthday party-a couple of weeks early but before they're out of school).

No comments: