Friday, April 2, 2010

Our Week with Nana and Grandad


The boys have had a great week hanging out with their grandparents. I think the highlight of the week for them was going to the Lego Store and Grandad's bargain purchase of 4 cool Lego Duplo sets. They have played together with these for 3 days straight. I imagine the highlight of dad's week was not painting my kitchen, but I sure do appreciate it and it looks great.

We are all feeling much better now. Luke did have an allergic reaction a couple of days ago to the antibiotic he was taking for his ear infection - not a big deal, I'm allergic to penicillin, too. A couple of doses of Benadryl later and he is doing fine. We stopped by Walgreens after dinner one night and both boys were confused as to why we were going a different way home. I told them we were going to Walgreens so Grandad and I could get some medicine. When we pulled into the parking lot, Luke said "this isn't Walgreens, this is Walreds" (notice next time you are there that the word Walgreens is red and the building has red awning). He thought he was pretty cute when we all started laughing.

The boys have been somewhat confused as to why they have not gone to school this week. When I've told them that it is Spring Break, they say "spring broke?" Summer will probably take some getting used to for them, but I think our trip to Disneyland at the beginning of the summer will help them get over not being in school.


We have had a really nice week of warm weather and the boys have spent a lot of time playing outside. Mom and Dad took them across to the street to our neighbor's large flat driveway to play on their scooters.

When Luke takes off he says, "Look at this, it is going to be really cool. You're going to love it."

Ryan seems to prefer his tricycle, but he has a good time on his scooter, as well.


As usual, Ryan got a hold of my camera and had fun taking pictures. I thought he wanted to take a picture of me and Davis, but apparently, it was just Davis with a little of my face (he also took ones of just my teeth). And he also caught Grandad sleeping.


Lastly, this is of the boys playing with their new Legos this morning. They were building a tower on top of their house. Ryan couldn't reach any higher.

So he got a stool and can now reach the top.

No comments: