Sunday, March 28, 2010

Not the Week I Had Imagined



I had envisioned a Spring Break of quiet relaxation and productivity. What happened instead is that I got a sinus infection, Luke had an ear infection, Ryan jammed something else into his ear, and we got another foot of snow (plus Greg was out of town for the week, sick himself, as well). I did get the living room painted and I started the kitchen (my dad has generously offered to finish it for me), so it wasn't a complete loss.

Luke's cold and ear infection included some respiratory wheezing. He had 2 breathing treatments this week to aid in his coughing/breathing. He seems to be feeling much better. I think his ear is still bothering him some, but the other cold symptoms have disappeared. As for Ryan, he still has a cold, but that hasn't slowed him down any. He came to me Thursday night and told me his ear hurt and that there was something in it. I didn't believe him, he's done this before, but I looked anyways, and sure enough, there was something small and white in his ear. He jammed it further in before I could get it out and we had to make a trip to his doctor after my doctor's appointment on Friday to have it removed.

Thanks to the snow, the boys had another opportunity to play in the snow. We built the very pathetic snowman at the top and Ryan took this picture of me sledding in the backyard.


We are all looking forward to getting healthy and we hope that the warm weather forcasted for this week and the addition of Nana and Grandad will speed our recovery.

No comments: