Monday, March 22, 2010

Birthday Party Fun



The boys went to their first birthday party on Sunday (not counting cousins). They had a such a good time and behaved themselves so well the whole time. We talked beforehand about telling the birthday girl happy birthday and thanking her and her mom for inviting them to the party, as well as that the presents were for the birthday girl and not them. They had a blast jumping and playing on all of the gymnastics equipment and of course loved the cake. Luke asked to have his next birthday party there, but I told him that the benefit of our big yard and neighborhood pool meant that Daddy and I didn't have to pay to have a birthday party somewhere-I'm not sure if he really got it.




We are all still sick - the boys are really much better and had a good weekend, but Ryan woke up with pink eye this morning and Luke appears to have an ear infection (he told us his ear feels bumpy, which we interpret as throbbing). Fortunately we already have eye drops and Luke has an appointment in the morning. Greg and I still feel pretty crummy. I'm still really congested but I do have my energy back (I even painted the living room yesterday). Greg seems better today, but was out of it this weekend. On the bright side, we have new carpet! My plan tomorrow (besides taking Luke to the doctor) is to clean up after the carpet installation and then relax. On Wednesday, I hope to paint the kitchen and then get some other things done on Thursday. Greg leaves tomorrow and the boys are in school until Friday, so I hope to get alot done around the house and also spend some time reading.

Video of the boys jumping in the inflatable track at the party.


I thought this was a cute picture of Ryan playing Super Mario Brothers. He is actually somewhat good at it.


This week is Teacher Appreciation Week at the boys' school, so I made cookies to take in tomorrow (MSKC are the school's initials).

No comments: