Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sick Little Boys


Greg and I have told several people how the boys have not been sick at all this year, despite being in a school of preschoolers with a bunch of crud going around. I guess it had to happen sometime (warning - stop reading if the word throw up grosses you out). They had a great day on Sunday and had spent the vast majority of the day playing together and creating their own crazy scenarios. Luke started complaining about his stomach hurting at dinner and at about 10:30 he came out of his room crying and said he threw up in his bed. He then threw up again on the way to the bathroom and then again in our bed while we were cleaning up the mess. The two of us were up about every hour all night running to the bathroom. I heard Ryan crying at about 4:00 and when I went into his room he told me his stomach was hurting. I took him to the bathroom and he threw up in front of the toilet. We've been incredibly fortunate that we have rarely had to deal with vomiting. It has been over 3 years since either boy has thrown up, and they were staying with my parents when that happened. They spent yesterday with Greg laying around the house feeling better stomach-wise but they both had a fever. I stayed home with them today and they are definitely feeling better - they had quite a bit of energy and I had to force them to rest at times. They will be heading back to school tomorrow and I will be heading back to work.



In completely other news, Blue Bell ice cream has arrived in Denver!!! The boys and I had to get out of the house tonight, so we headed to the supermarket to see if Blue Bell was really there. I walked down the ice cream aisle and didn't see it at first - I guess I'm used to seeing half of the ice cream section taken up by Blue Bell - but I found its little section. I got my absolute favorite - Cookies and Cream - and I promised the boys they could have some when their tummies are feeling a little better. I am going to have a bowl tonight.

No comments: