Monday, January 21, 2008

Monday Update



We are almost literally up to our armpits in boxes, so I haven't had time to post. Also, I took a really cute video of L stacking his tower last week, but the file is too big to upload. I've been trying to figure out how to change the resolution to get it to fit, but no luck yet. I'll try again some other time. If anyone knows how to get a video to fit blogger's 100mb limit, let me know (my file is 430mb).

The boys have been doing good. I finished my last day at work on Friday and my mom is now here to help us with packing. We pull out of town on Friday, but I'm still in complete and total denial about leaving. If I think about it, it makes me angry, and I've been trying really hard for the last 4 months to not think about it. I know this is a good opportunity for Greg, but quite frankly, it sucks for me. I do believe in my heart that this will be a good move for the boys in the long run. Colorado is a beautiful state and there are a lot of opportunities for them there that we don't really have here. I've moved my whole life and I've never really disliked any place that I've lived (including Beaumont), so this move shouldn't be any different. But forgive me for not being thrilled about it.

R and L say new things every day. I wish that I had a way to keep track of their new words, but they happen so quickly and subtly, that we can't keep up with them. Some of the words include apple, door, down and go. There are more, but I can't remember them right now.

Today, the boys spent the day with Tim and Stephanie so we could have a whole day of packing. I think that they everyone had a great time, but Tim and Steph seemed pretty worn out when we picked the boys up. We are going to miss them so much. But fortunately, Steph is from Colorado and they plan on moving back in the next couple of years.



Here is L stacking his tower. This is what I took a good video of, hopefully you can see it in the future.





Both of the boys love Tim. They had a great time with him this night reading their bedtime story.

I've taken some more pictures that I'd like to post, but Greg packed my camera cord in a box. He thinks he knows which box, so once it is found I'll post some more.

I'll close with a picture of L making ice cream at the wonderful going away party that Tim and Steph gave us last week. Tim got an ice cream maker for Christmas that you roll around on the floor. R and L and the other 2 kids there had a blast chasing it around. It made great ice cream, too!

No comments: