Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas Tree and Daddy's Broken Car


We had a really nice Thanksgiving with Nana and Grandad and a 1st birthday party for Baby Thomas in the last week. We put up the Christmas tree and the boys had a great time helping to put up the ornaments. This is the first year that they've really been interested in Christmas and everything that goes with it.




Baby Thomas turned one last week and his birthday party was on Saturday. I guess now that he is one, we can no longer call him Baby Thomas - that will take some getting used to for us. I made his cookies and cake - one of his favorite books is called That's Not My Hair, so his cake is based on four of the pictures from that book (this is my hair when I wake up, this is my hair with shampoo in it, this is my hair with a hat on, and this is my hair when I see a bear). He was so cute digging into his cake, but he seemed to really love his cookie.





As for the other part of the title - Greg's car is broken. He got in a minor wreck this morning after he dropped the boys off at school. It was snowing and another car was going too fast and slid into the intersection in front of Greg. He is fine, but his car is not. Both boys were quite fascinated and concerned with Daddy's car. Ryan told Greg "Daddy when I am bigger, I will fix your car." He also put his hand on Greg's shoulder and patted it while saying, "I so so sorry Daddy that your car is broken, it will be ok." Luke was mildly concerned but then asked, "Daddy, how did you get home if you don't have a car?"


Lastly a video of the boys putting ornaments on the Christmas tree. Luke liked to tell stories about all of the ornaments. He would pick one up and say, "I made this ornament when I was nine years old and in high school."

No comments: